Called Korea Home

From: Sunday, 28 December 2008
To: Thursday, 10 October 2013
For 1748 days
Or 4 years, 9 months, 13 days
Or 249 weeks and 5 days

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Big 5-0-0


Time flies when you are having fun. Today is my 500th day in Korea. I wouldn't even have noticed it except for the fact that I happened to look up at my blog-o-counter. It's also the 5 year anniversary week of my graduation from college - eek. Holy cow I've been here a long time.

I remember when I was first contemplating the journey. And how long it took.

So what have I accomplished ?
  • Korean? Conversational Intermediate : Check (it's a hard language)
  • Teaching? Now constantly ranking in the top 5 : Check
  • Friendships? Many lifelong ones made : Check
  • Shenanigans Life-changing experiences? Check

I've stumbled in the streets more times than I can count. I've cried, I've laughed , I've met some incredible people. I've taught some incredible students. I've changed, grown, explored, shown, cared, dared, loved, shoved, taught, sought and all the things you can think of in between. And from it all I've learned more about myself than I ever thought possible (cue cheesy music here).

The point is, this country, this place, will always have a special place in my heart. What am I going to do when for 3 months I cannot have kimchi at every meal (when I leave on this trip) and what ever will I do when I leave here for good?

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them all and then you have the facts of life... and my life in Korea (ok I'm going to stop with the cheesiness). This was my yearly sentimental post.
Finito

2 comments:

Bombchell said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norma said...

thanks love