Called Korea Home

From: Sunday, 28 December 2008
To: Thursday, 10 October 2013
For 1748 days
Or 4 years, 9 months, 13 days
Or 249 weeks and 5 days

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2010 VDAY


This was hands down the best Vday I've had...

Handsomely dressed, he showed up at my door with roses and chocolate. I had no idea anything was even going on, I was still in my jammies, looking like a complete bum. And I had bought nothing for him. In Korea girls give the gift on V-day and boys reciprocate a month later (March 14th - white day). I fail miserably at assimilation apparently.

So I got dressed and we decided on a plan of action. Coex aquarium followed by dinner in Itaewon and then a hope for haiti fundraiser. As v-day fell on a sunday it wasn't going to be a crazy night...

First, off to coex. As we hadn't eaten we needed something light to tide us over until dinner. Quiznos... mmmm... toasty. Yeah, that was great.

Then we went to the aquarium, which was having a 30% discount for foreigners. Nice-uh. The aquarium was pretty big (bigger than busan's anyway). I thoroughly enjoyed my self. there were all kinds of exciting fishies and creatures.


After coex we headed to Itaewon. We wandered around a bit. Vday was also a korean holiday (Seollnal aka Lunar New Year) so many places were closed. We finally stumbled upon a cute french restaurant upon on the hill in the same area as gecko's garden called Mignon.
And indeed it was (french word for cute). Our dinner and dessert were divine + we got sangria. I was so happy


Afterwards we headed to the fundraiser as it was for a great cause, and would you believe it, we won a raffle prize. Afterwards we went home

Happiness :)
p.s. sadly, months later, i would ruin everything... oh well, still a great memory

1 comment:

Bombchell said...

wow seems like a lotta fun.

smh at random placed caption at bottom