Called Korea Home

From: Sunday, 28 December 2008
To: Thursday, 10 October 2013
For 1748 days
Or 4 years, 9 months, 13 days
Or 249 weeks and 5 days

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Surviving my first term


I made it through a term. I survived teaching on Saturdays. When I arrived in the middle of the winter term I was a bumbling idiot. Teach? huh? I was nervous, I was disinterested and I was unchallenged. While the latter hasn't changed very much, I found that this new term I got to be more comfortable being in front of people, and here's a secret, the kids who like you will make fun of you, will wonder about your life, will follow you around, so get used to it.

I think that I am especially good at teaching memory because you can be as silly as you want with the material. Memory English is the lower level English where we teach the children mostly by memorization, which is how you start to learn language anyways. I got the best reviews from those kids, and they are all my buddies.


My point to this post is there is always a way to improve, so if you feel as if you suck at first you probably do, but look up games, ideas etc of others who have gone before, don't despair, and you will improve...

Anyways here are my little monsters

No comments: