Called Korea Home

From: Sunday, 28 December 2008
To: Thursday, 10 October 2013
For 1748 days
Or 4 years, 9 months, 13 days
Or 249 weeks and 5 days

Friday, May 8, 2009

its getting hot in here

>

Summer is here at last...

I finally began my Korean lessons. Let me tell you about the process
You go in for an interview with a man who speaks to you in rapid fire korean. I wanted to be placed in 102 but I had no idea what he was saying. To prove myself I grabbed the book and started reading to him and translating the few words I knew. He told me I could go to 102 if I studied. Then I paid. Its not bad, it costs W226,000 a month which is about $200, and I've heard of even more expensive -$1000 ones at universities... I don't need to be that good. So there are a couple of Americans, A japanese lady, Some Chinese chicks and a Malaysian of I believe Chinese descent. This all makes it very interesting because in my basic class everyone spoke English so the teacher just explained it to us in English. Here, we are forced to use Korean. I am picking up so much about verb tenses and the like. I really like it. For more info check out the website.

I also found out that I will soon get my weekends back. This means I need to sign up for a dance class because I need to get in shape. I am almost afraid of what that will mean. I even have fridays off which means I have 3 days weekends. Yikes. The counterside to that is that this term I teach back to back memory classes. All memory. 8. Yikes. It exhausts me so much I often need fridays just to recuperate so its like I worked. Anyways, yeah...

Add to that travel and of course we gotta make time for some kind of volunteering and partying and I will be one busy little bee. Luckily I thrive the most on being continual activity

It was my girls birthday May 10 and we partied like rockstars in Geckos, Itaewon; and FF, Hongdae. Fun night dancing till the sun came up




and for more Crazy Birthday Night Pics click here

I also went to the Hi Seoul Festival cultural show and end event
taste and drink (alcohol) of the world on the street, and then a rock out concert. it was great to enjoy all of the liquor and food.






I explored the joys and wonders of jongmyo temple and changdeokgung palace. that palace is huge. i watched a cultural dance show, explored a secret garden and almost got lost. I almost didn't make it back to work in time but it was all's well that ends well...


Life is good
Look out because its about to be hot ;)

No comments: