Called Korea Home

From: Sunday, 28 December 2008
To: Thursday, 10 October 2013
For 1748 days
Or 4 years, 9 months, 13 days
Or 249 weeks and 5 days

Monday, March 22, 2010

Snow Boarding Korea

photo credit: visitkorea.or.kr

I went snowboarding for the first time in my life in Korea. I went with a meetup group and my friend J. We headed out early from Jamsil station so I crashed at her house the night before.

Now keep in mind I had never been snowboarding. One thing that sucked was that I couldn't take any classes in English but luckily my friend was there to help me out. The ski resort, Sung-woo, was pretty cool.

Scaredy cat straps in


In the end I was just pushed down the mountain until I got the hang of it. Boy did it hurt but I did it amidst a lot of 미안합니다's(Korean for I'm sorry). Luckily I watched other people crash as well so I didn't feel like a complete idiot.

Looking cool:


Finally... Success



As expected the ski resort was very Korean by which I mean all the Korean goodies were available. I definitely had a bowl of tteokbokki which caused many Koreans to go screaming about how well I eat it (not realizing I could understand them).


It was also during the winter Olympics, which was hilarious because suddenly we would see large groups of Koreans amassing and screaming, and turns out Korea was out dominating the world in short track (and later - figure skating).

Kudos to Korea, and to Sung-woo, and to the trip organizer, and J for going with me.

The trip cost W55,000. I definitely had fun and would do it (snowboard) again :) But maybe next time in English back home so I can learn the basics instead of flying down the mountain crashing into people ;)

Skiing in Seoul & Korea lists other snow resorts in or around Seoul. I've also been to Vivaldi Park which was a nice facility, but I didn't do ski/board there so I can't say much about the slopes. Fun trip though.

Success zoomed in:



Here's a map with different ski resorts in proximity to Seoul
photo credit: visitkorea.or.kr

Korea tour guide: provides a more extensive guide, and is the place these pictures came from.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

update, ho

Norma said...

um... i'm working on it.... be nice :)

Anonymous said...

LOL thanks girlie :) love your blog

Norma said...

thanks so much

Norma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.