Called Korea Home

From: Sunday, 28 December 2008
To: Thursday, 10 October 2013
For 1748 days
Or 4 years, 9 months, 13 days
Or 249 weeks and 5 days

Thursday, June 25, 2009

6 months gone: still loving life in Seoul


accurate depiction

6 months have gone by so quickly and suddenly its time to start thinking that in maybe another 6 months I will either be out of here or staying on for another year. I don't want to think too much into it but I have to start planning. You think you have so much time, but one year is not enough to experience anything properly. Especially when you've fallen in love...

So
1. to stay at CDI or not to stay. Its easier not to leave, and there are so many pros and cons. I love my coworkers, the kids and I am comfortable... but I hate the hours and not being challenged

2.travel: this was never a question. the matter is just when. South east asia extravagansa in the plans and this is starting to look like it'll be a worldwide tour starting in australia, across SEA and on to europe. If that is the case I will probably stay one more year to be able to afford it all...

3. Job or school: at this point i think i want to return for a phd, but i still have no public health experience. how will this all play out?

Other factors

state of the union: The US is having all kinds of issues right now, still unstablized, and then to top it all off, we heard all about Lisa Ling's sister, Laura, and Euna Lee captured by North Korea, and Kim Jong-Il seems to be getting zanier everyday...


As if that wasn't enough, the former South Korean president commited suicide, and that really rocked us all, I can't imagine how that would feel if say we heard one day that Clinton had done the same.


All in all, I still love Seoul. You've changed me. I will always be forever grateful


J and I



yum food and always, peace

No comments: