Called Korea Home

From: Sunday, 28 December 2008
To: Thursday, 10 October 2013
For 1748 days
Or 4 years, 9 months, 13 days
Or 249 weeks and 5 days

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another Ladies Night

Every Thursday night is ladies night in Itaewon. I've heard that there is a ladies night in Hongdae but I don't know when or where (bar names). In itaewon usually we go to bricx first because they are free until midnight and then we go to the Loft.

For us at work it is a ritual especially since we don't teach until 4pm (or for me not at all on ) Friday. After work we head down in a cab and it's awesome because its one of the few ways the nowoners and itaewon crew can bond

On this particularly memorable ladies night, our buddy Boozie (nickname) who used to work with us back in town plus we had to initiate the new girl.



We headed out and got the usual drinks. MJ had just died so some of his music was requested. This was the result

My MJ Tribute (smooth criminal)

Sorry I can't figure out how to flip the video around

All this joy was soon ruined by this horrible man. It all began when he wanted to dance with one of the beautiful Korean American girls. She danced for a bit but when he tried to go further she declined. He gets upset and so we are asking him to leave. One of the guys with us steps up to ask him if there was a problem and he starts saying stuff so the guys girlfriend gets mad. Now this guy starts making racist slurs towards Asians and saying he's going to hit this girl (who is tiny by the way). So I say, dude is this really something you want to do right. He walks away and next thing I hear him talking about my mom...

WHAT!!!! Ok now you've crossed the line buddy. I was glad we left before I did something I regret, but I did leave kicking and screaming. After that we went to another place which involved someone buying a bottle of jack which led to blackout and this...

pole dancing


I personally will never go to loft again, but ladies for free drinks hit up bricx until midnight and the loft all night every thursday. the drinks are your basics rum and coke, gin and tonic etc. nothing too fancy, but lead to some interesting times

No comments: