Called Korea Home

From: Sunday, 28 December 2008
To: Thursday, 10 October 2013
For 1748 days
Or 4 years, 9 months, 13 days
Or 249 weeks and 5 days

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Get Healthy Project: Part 2- The process

Ok, so as I mentioned before, I started out the unhealthy way. I stopped eating due to isolation and depression. Then, I probably did something that was even unhealthier. I decided to do the master cleanse. You know, the spicy lemonade diet. I figured it was time to cleanse my body of all the fermented, process and fatty crap and alcohol I had put into it. I was already planning to do it before the falling out, so it made it easier to say I had to go home because I couldn't eat or drink. Otherwise, mentally, I would have been screwed.

It wasn't hard to find the ingredients. I bought lemons at the local grocery store, and went to Costco to get the maple syrup. I also found sea salt (for the salt water flush) at the supermarket, and cayenne at the foreign food mart in itaewon. I was set.



It was easier than I thought it would be. Unlike most people I had more energy (probably mental). I supplemented my lemonade (even that I didn't drink enough of) with tea and spoons of maple syrup. I pretended the salt water flush was chicken soup. I did it only 7 days because of other engagements but I could have gone longer.

I dropped about 7 or 8 pounds. Thats a pound a day. Holy cow. Probably not healthy. The most drastic change for me was not drinking any more coffee (I was addicted). It drastically improved my sleeping habits.

It was then I decided I was going to make a conscious change. I was going to start working out again, and eating healthier to maintain this progress. I would also drink less (low calories, avoid beer etc). For a workout I found apps and websites where I could track how much I worked out and ate. As I have a hard time going to the gym without friends (no motivation) I found workouts I could do at home, or I walked by the river.

The results were great. I'll get into those for the next post.
***********
Addendum
A little bit later I signed up for both Taekwondo and Boot camp. More on that in the next post

No comments: