Called Korea Home

From: Sunday, 28 December 2008
To: Thursday, 10 October 2013
For 1748 days
Or 4 years, 9 months, 13 days
Or 249 weeks and 5 days

Friday, September 3, 2010

I'm back!!! with new responsibilities

check out the tan as I head in for my first day of work

I got back to Seoul about a week ago... Since this isn't a blog about SE Asia, I won't go into too much detail about it. Lets just say I had an amazing time. I met many wonderful people and discovered so much about myself. If you ever do have any questions about backpacking feel free to get in touch with me, and I will be sure to give you any help I can.

I really enjoyed every country I visited for a different reason, and I think everyone should go backpacking at least once in their life. (p.s. if you want to see pictures, add me on fb)

The crazy part was I got back Friday and had to attend some going away parties, so much for rest. Not only that but prior to that I was partying on the beach during the Full moon party until 7am, got on a boat @ noon, got to Bangkok @ 3am, on a plane at 8am, layover in Taipei, arrived in Seoul at 7pm and home by 9 pm in time to go out with the coworkers. I hadn't slept in 48hrs so Sunday was an epic fail, but I did get everything done by midnight...

But the reason why coming back that late was so stressful was that I have now been made a HEAD INSTRUCTOR at my school, for the listening program, giving me the added responsibility of being in charge of other teachers as well as myself. In addition I am teaching 2 masters level reading(the highest level we have) which means I have to grade papers every other week, 3 alba+ classes (2 elementary who are perfectly fine, and 1 middle school who should never have made it up there), and the 3 par classes (we'll see but at least I've taught this track before)...

So it will take me a while before I get in the swing of things, yet everyone expects me to already be ready to party it up after 3 months of doing it nonstop. Eeek. Oh and with that and a typhoon and rain everyday in Seoul, I am indoors so much I am already losing my tan :(

Looking forward to what the rest of the year brings, and honored at the faith my coworkers have in me to entrust me with such great responsibility
Peace

p.s. anybody in Seoul wants to hang out now I'm back let me know :P Who am I kidding? I'm still going to party-hearty ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the blogging world and congrats on the promotion! Perhaps Dave and I will have to holiday in Korea because we miss all of you and the parties so much!

Norma said...

Thanks Shady, we really miss you guys so much but reading up on your blog I am so proud of you and Dave and how you have accomplished what everyone said was near impossible. We'd be so excited if you came :)