Called Korea Home

From: Sunday, 28 December 2008
To: Thursday, 10 October 2013
For 1748 days
Or 4 years, 9 months, 13 days
Or 249 weeks and 5 days

Saturday, August 27, 2011

They're coming to America



(obligatory fobby peace sign I now have in every picture
-Taken yesterday before my last day of work for a month)


I love that song by Neil Diamond
Except, it's me, I'm coming to America. I'm heading there on Monday. Don't fret, it's just for vacation. Karamel will still be in Korea for a long while yet. So, I am pumped, excited, nervous. I don't know what to expect. You see I left for Korea December 2008 and I have not been back since. Korea has changed so much since I've been here but probably more on that in another post. This one is about America



My PLANS
8/29 - 9/12: Atlanta and Miami
9/12 - 9/17: New York City and Boston
9/17 - 9/23: Los Angeles
And then I fly from LA back to Seoul

I know it's quite the whirlwind tour. That's just how I travel. One month is too long to spend with my family. They're dysfunctional anyways. I am already wondering if I can handle 10 days. But I am so excited to see everyone, and it's my first time in LA woohoo!!!

When I return:
I have so much on my plate when I get back.

I will be tossed right into week 5 (maybe 6) of the term, teaching. I hate taking over people's classes because I have my own unique style. But it worked out perfectly that he was leaving when I got back.

I will be starting Korean class at Yonsei Dae Hakyo (University in Korean, and a prestigious one I might add) at the Korean Language Institute. I am so nervous, but kind of excited. Classes are 5 days a week from 9-1 and I hope I can meet a lot of cool people.

I still plan to keep up taekwondo, boot camp and have language exchange partners. I'm going to be a pretty exhausted girl. It will be like my life in Boston all over again.

But most importantly, I plan to update my blog much more regularly.

You see I had this realization. I only blog when really exciting things happen to me, like a fun event, festival etc. In other words for myself. Because I saved them up what I had was a few sparse, but very long posts summarizing exciting events. But there are so many random thoughts, songs, ideas, activities that go on everyday in Korea that most people outside do not know about. That's what I want to blog about. TV shows, songs, people on the street. The everyday stuff. Don't worry, you'll still be entertained by my crazy antics, those won't be stopping anytime soon (last weekend there was this 36 hour drinking binge that I may never talk about and from which I am still recovering). So bear with me. Starting in October when I get back, it's on.

Till then, peace, and happy drinking :)

2 comments:

Chika Anene said...

Man I'm so envious of you that it actually hurts. Lol.. But when I read that almost everybody is heading for Korea now, I thought "Wow, that's not exactly a very good thing." Lol.. soon the whole world has flocked over to Korea... kkk.. I'm thinking of heading over next year, and if I'm lucky, I might even be able to study my Master's there, which probably means that I'll have to work twice as hard as I've been doing recently.

Anyway. Great blog!! And ur really pretty too ^^

Norma said...

Omg thanks, you're gorgeous as well. And you should totally come to Korea. But yeah, in the past year there has been a rise of foreigners and with the recent racial incidents (will post soon) it might get even harder.